Possessive Pronouns

Possessive pronouns are used to designate possession. They may also be used as substitutes for noun phrases, and they are commonly found at the end of a sentence or clause and can prevent its repetition (e.g., "These glasses are mine, not yours") the words "mine" and "yours" are possessive pronouns and stand for "my glasses" and "your glasses," respectively.
Here is a chart that might help you with the possessive pronouns:
*Note 1: In some sentences using possessive pronouns you´ll find that the possessive adjectives are used too.
**Note 2: If you are using a possessive pronoun it is necessary that the pronoun you are replacing has been mentioned before, so you know what you are refering to.
I will attach two websites that I found and I liked becuase the information is very clear and brief. Also you can find some examples that will help you to understand the topic.
Link 1 and Link 2
In the second link you can find some exercises too, but if you want to continue practicing about this topic I'll provide you with two more links to improve the knowledge about the possessive pronouns.

Excercises 1 and Excercises 2
Well friends, that's all for today. I really hope it helped you a lot, if you have any question feel free to comment.

Comentarios

  1. Hello! Elio, I liked your information in this blog because is explanatory. I hep me to understand the use to make some texts. Thanks!!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. "Hey Ya, Elio"
    I liked your post because, you explained the information in such an easy way to understand it, also the exercises helped me to apply this elements correctly, but i still have a doubt.
    Whats the specific use or function of the possesive adjetives?

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Hello Elio!
    Pretty nice information that you have shared now:) I really like the way that you explain the theme and also the resources that you have shared!
    I know that this is a very important topic in English, and sometimes we forget the use, but today you have helped to remind that and thanks a lot for that :D
    Just a doubt: When is necessary to use the possesive pronouns?

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hello, Elio. I liked the way you explained this topic, and the websites you shared are really full of great explamples and content to understand this. I now know that possessive pronouns refers to possession as its name says. This type of pronouns can be used as nouns in the sentence. I just have a question, Is there any exception to use the possessive pronouns in a clause? Bye, see ya!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Hello Elio!
    Your post is really interesting you share many resources as links with information, and exercisess, I also like your blog, because the content that you share with us is really necessary and it is easy to understand!
    I learned that Possessive pronouns may also be used as substitutes for noun phrases, and they are commonly found at the end of a sentence or clause and can prevent its repetition. My doubt is when we need to use possessive adjectives
    Thanks you!!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Stative Passive

Prepositions of Place